cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound to outbound call forwarding

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Client has an 800 number that is tied to one of their anolog lones that is part of the route group. They wish to have that call be forwarded to an answering service via an option within the opening greeting. For example "If this is a support call please press 6 now" However our attempts to direct this to an outbound dialed number have been unsuccessful. What is the proper way to set this function up with Unity? <br><br>

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

What actions have you tried so far to get this to work?

First you'll need an entity that can do the transfer to the outbound number.
-Create a new call handler
-from the the Call Transfer SA page for the new call handler, enable its Alternate Transfer rule (this way it will always do transfers regardless of the hour).
-Under 'Transfer incoming calls' set it to 'Yes, ring a subscriber at this extension. In the field enter the outbound number you want to transfer to. Include any digits that are needed to call this number from an internal phone (trunk access code?) At my office we use a 9, so I would input 9,,18001234567. The commas are pauses in the dialing.
-Finally, for Transfer Type, make sure it's 'Release to switch'.

Now, from the Opening Greeting call handler SA page, go to
Caller Input.
-For the key you want to trigger the transfer, under Action: choose 'Send caller to'.
-Select the call handler created above, and be sure to set 'Conversation' to 'Attempt transfer for' at the bottom of the selection window.

Test it out and see what you get. You might need to fiddle with the input of the phone number. I've seen cases where the transfer requires a couple seconds between the access code and the phone number.

Hope this helps.

Not applicable

Have done all of the above and then some. We started out with exactly what you specified and it did not work. Will get into that in a minute. We then set up a ficticiuos call manager extension (249) and set call forward all. If you call in and select 249 it performs the transformation. However on the unity side we set up a caller input of 8 to 1)first time, dial the alternate number and 2) forward to the extension (which we know works). Both times on the depress of the 8 key you get an immediate "Sorry Example Administrator is busy or not available, please leave your message" We have moved owner and subscriber information until we are blue in the face. What could be preventing the call transformation from taking place?

Not applicable

Can't tell if you got this working or not...but I would say that based on this post you had the 8 key set to 'Send to greeting' for the call handler, rather than 'Attempt transfer' to the call handler. This would cause you to get the greeting of the call, which probably wasn't recorded in which case you get the default greeting, which is 'Sorry, {call handler ownder} is not available'.

If you still don't have this working, please post again describing more clearly what you have set up.

Not applicable

We were able to get it wrking but in an odd fashion. After I changed the messages recipient it then gave me the option to transfer to "yes ring message recipients extension". If i select that then this will enable the call forward by using the before mentioned extension. However all attempts to have Unity do it for us have not worked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: