Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming Call; get displayname of calling party with JTAPI

Hello,

we have configured CCM 4.2 to show an label on the ip-phone when a call from a special party comes in. Now we want to read out this information with jtapi but the only information we get is the phonenumber. But what must be done to get more information.

5 Replies 5

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Special label? Special party? Can you tell me where on the CCM you can set this up - I've never seen such features so that makes me think about a third party app and naturally such info isn't available in CCM. Basically in JTAPI you get to see the number and whatever name string is shown when a call comes in.. and that's it. If a call was redirected, you also get the original called number, but that's it.. you can't even get the name of the original called number, there's no way to figure out the way a call has taken unless you're keeping callstates on your own (we'll hear you swear when you try that.. just a simple "separate redirect from pickup" can drive you insane).

In CCM Webadministration is in the phones configuration a field where a display name or Caller Id can be set. This seems to be something like a filter where a mapping between number and displayname can be defined.

ckatene
Level 3
Level 3

ok, not sure if I understand you correctly, but it sounds like you want to get the display value from the line originating the call?

1. Register to receive TermConnEv for the device you're interested in (I assume you're already doing this)

2. call TermConnEv.getCall() to get a reference to the Call object

3. The Call object will be a CiscoCall, so you can cast it.

4. Use the method CiscoCall.getCurrentCallingPartyDisplayName() to get the display name of the caller.

CHeck CiscoCall in the Cisco API docs. Lots of other useful methods to get more info.

C

Are you refering to the "AlertingName" in the Directory Number Configuration page? If so, what ckatene posted is exactly what you're looking for. If the AlertingName is empty, the string you'll get from getCurrentCallingPartyDisplayName will be empty as well.

Now, after configuring a bit more, this method (CiscoCall.getCurrentCallingPartyDisplayName) returns, what I expect it to return.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: