Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

Incoming call routing with CME

I am trying to set up a fairly unusual small office setup, and am hoping someone can help me figure out which of the features I need are possible. I am pretty sure some of them are not.

The office has a single standard phone line (1FB) with Caller-ID. The router is a 2621XM 12.3(14)T7 running CME 3.3. The site has 1 analog phone, 1 7960, and 1 fax machine, and the router has a 2fxo and 2fxs wic.

The features I would like to get working:

- I would like inbound calls to ring both the 7960 and the analog phone automatically. Right now I can have it ring one or the other, but not both.

- I would like to be able to switch between the analog and 7960 phones while on a call (this one may not be possible)

- I would like incoming calls to ring the second FXS line at the same time, so that I can plug in the fax when I want to receive a fax.

Bonus points if anyone knows if it is possible to route inbound calls by calling-party ID. If I could route certain numbers to a different extension or fxs port, that would be great for known inbound FAX numbers.

Thanks,

Eric

8 REPLIES

Re: Incoming call routing with CME

Create a shared line between analog phone and an ip phone.

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

no huntstop

number 5060

ephone 1

button 1:1

mac-address <>

dial-peer voice 20 pots

destination-pattern 5060

port 0/0 --- fxs port 1 where analog phone is plugged in.

dial-peer voice 21 pots

connection plar opx 5060

port 1/1 -- fxo port where telco pots line is plugged in

Not sure if item 2 and 3 can be done with just one pots line.

Silver

Thanks for the reply. I don't have an option under pots dial peer for connection, so I can't do exactly that. The "no huntstop" seems to be what I was missing, but it still doesn't work. Here's what I have so far:

voice-port 1/0/0

timing hookflash-out 50

connection plar opx 100

!

voice-port 1/0/1

timing hookflash-out 50

!

voice-port 1/1/0

!

voice-port 1/1/1

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 9T

!fxo

port 1/0/0

!

dial-peer voice 3 pots

destination-pattern 100

!fxs

port 1/1/0

!

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 100

call-forward busy 101

no huntstop

!

ephone 1

after-hour exempt

mac-address xxxx.xxxx.xxxx

type 7960

button 1:1 2:2 3s3 4s4

Am I on the right track?

I also didn't know about plar opx. That may be a partial solution. I can have the analog phone plugged into the wall as well, and with plar opx it will ring the 7960 and analog phone. Then if I pick up on the 7960, I can pick up the analog to join the conversation. I just couldn't pick up the 7960 to join a call answered by the analog.

Off to test a bit. Let me know if you see any reason the fxs still wouldn't ring.

-Eric

I apologize for putting you in the wrong track. When you create an ephone-dn, in essence its creating a virtual dial-peer. This dial-peer and the dial-peer for your analog phone will have the same preference, so the router will randomly select one of the dial-peers and ring that phone. So each time you call, you may get one of the phones to ring and not both.

To create a shared line between the ephone-dn and the analog phone, you will have to use a sccp device such as ATA 186 and plug the analog phone to the ATA. Since ATA and 7960 talks skinny to the router, both can share the same ephone-dn 1 (number 100). When you call inbound, both should ring at the same time.

HTH

Sankar

PS: Please remember to rate posts!

Silver

Ok, if that is the only option I'll have to go with the phone plugged into the wall, and the router using plar opx.

One last bit, do you know if it's possible for caller-id to work on my 7960? It isn't being passed to it right now.

-Eric

Silver

I will answer my own question here. It looks like the wic-2fxo doesn't support callerid. I'll have to get by without it for now.

Eric,

Have you already tried,

voice-port 0/0

caller-id enable

Also check this link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800a9a49.shtml

Make sure you have callerid service available from your telco. (usually an additional cost).

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Silver

Yeah, as I mentioned, I found out it is not supported on the wic-2fxo. My fxs offers the option, but the fxo doesn't.

Thanks,

Eric

Eric,

You are right. You need a min of Vic-2fxo-m1 or better to support caller id.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps274/products_tech_note09186a00800b53c7.shtml

Views
Helpful
Replies