cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

incoming call to ip phone through FXO port?

nitass
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have the following network: callmanager and 1751v with 2 fxo ports act as mgcp gateway. The mgcp gateway connects to pbx. And many ip phones sit in the network.

I want to incoming call from external telephone line or pbx can reach to the ip phone in the network. Is it possible? How can I configure?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Nitass

4 Replies 4

patsbc
Level 1
Level 1

Nitass,

You can configure PLAR (private line auto ringdown) on CM in your MGCP Gateway settings. Each line on your MGCP gateway can be assigned to an attendant or a shared line across multiple sets.

So, setup an IP phone for an attendant, or add a shared DN across multiple phone sets. Then configure your MGCP gateway ports in CallManager to point to that DN.

Have a good weekend.

Pat

Screen shot attached.

Thank you to your reply. Sorry to my ambiguous question.

I would like to caller to FXO port can press extension number to the designate called party. How about solution for this case?

This is my configuration.

Analog phones --- PBX --- Cisco 1751v --- LAN --- Callmanager, IP phones

Now the Cisco 1751v use MGCP and IP phone use SCCP.

Please advise again.

Thanks again,

Nitass

For this you will need a IVR. The MGCP FXO port will still be configured the same way. The Attendant DN would be that of the IVR pilot number. Once in IVR, it can be configured such that you can dial an extension and the call will be routed to the IP phone extensions.

If you donot have CRS IVR, you can use the 4-port AutoAttendant that comes with Callmanager 3.3 !!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: