Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming Caller ID

kvaradarajan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

How do we setup incoming caller ID for thr IP Phones. The phones should up "unknown external number" when a call from PSTN comes in. We want to see the calling number. Any help will appreciated.

Thanks,

Regards

5 Replies 5

stu_syn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - Caller ID just works, it's not something you need to turn on. It sounds as if your Service Provider isn't sending you the number in the first place (it's something you have to ask for). Whatever the "Caller Number" is will be sent through to the phones.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Mate. I could not see any calling number in the debugs or the traces. BUt just a question, how is it that I call from my mobile to any number and I get the calling number on the called phone?

I will contact the service provider for the caller ID.

Cheers

tony.saloum
Level 1
Level 1

What type of interface are the calls comming in on? Analog (FXO) Pri? If they are comming in on an FXO and the gateway is configured as an MGCP gateway then you will not be able to pass callerid. You can config the gateway as h323 and be able to pass CID. If you are using PRI then the Telco is not providing you with CID. As an aside how many other users here wish that Cisco would support CID on an analog MGCP gateway? We have quite a few small offices with only a few pstn lines, and it is a PITA to set these gateways up as h323 rather than MGCP.

EVERY one of my customers has griped that CID doesn't work... and made us change to h.323. Then they complain that the gateways don't show as registered in CM...

Hopefully Cisco will address this someday soon.

1damianjones
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I didn't see a "do this" posted for your question. I'm in the same boat. I'm connect via analog ports to telco and they say the callerid is coming from their end.

What command should I have set on my cme?

Thanks,

Damian