Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Calling Number Transforms

When calls come in from our NEC PBX into our Call Manager (3.1(2c)) they come over a PRI link into our 3662.

These calls, rather than show up as internal 4 digit extensions, show up as 9032361234 (where 1234 is all we'd want to show up).

Is this possible to manipulate either on the 3662 side or the call manager? There's no dialing needs or reasons for this - just easier caller ID for our users...

Ken Johnson, kenjohnson@letu.edu

Mgr. Network Services

LeTourneau University

Longview, TX

http://www.letu.edu

6 REPLIES

Re: Incoming Calling Number Transforms

Try putting in the 4 ext. in the field labeled External Phone Number Mask on each line of the phone.

Hm... that didn't seem to do it...(unless i did it wrong :-) I just put XXXX in that field? what IP phone users see when dialed from the old digital PBX is still 9032331234 instead of 1234...

? :-)

- Ken

Silver

On the 3662 in the voip dial-peer with session target as the call manager(on this side), put the destination-pattern as 903233....

so it should strip 903233 and forward only the last 4 digits to the call manager.

Or in addition to pbarman's response you can set up the H.323 gateway in callmanger for signaling digits and set the digit count to 4. In this case then CCM would only listen to the last 4 digits.

Either way should work, I've tested the H.323 gateway config though.

I think, and tell me if I'm wrong, but what you are talking about is the incoming CLI from the PBX?

I guess that if the calls are already hitting the phones then you have already worked out the incoming ddi calls so what everyone else here has suggested is irrelevant.

you need to set up a number translation on the 3662 to translate the incoming calling number to strip off the leading digits down to the last 4.

Have a look at

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121newft/121limit/121x/121xm/121xm_5/ftdpeer.htm

It's a bit vague on anything actually useful but it does tell you how to do it.

The following is how I did it to put a leading 90 infront of every incoming number, you need to work out how to strip the leading but this should give some pointers.

Good Luck

Paul

translation-rule 2

Rule 1 ^1.% 901

Rule 2 ^2.% 902

Rule 3 ^3.% 903

Rule 4 ^4.% 904

Rule 5 ^5.% 905

Rule 6 ^6.% 906

Rule 7 ^7.% 907

Rule 8 ^8.% 908

Rule 9 ^9.% 909

dial-peer voice 16 voip

preference 1

destination-pattern 16....

progress_ind setup enable 3

translate-outgoing calling 2 (this bit here refers to the t-rule)

translate-outgoing called 1

session target ipv4:192.168.1.254

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

!

You need to force all the calls from the PBX to hit a translation and amend the calling party number.

1. Create a partition, e.g. PTN-inbound-PBX-calls

2. Create a CSS that only contains this partition, e.g. CSS-inbound-PBX -> PTN-inbound-PBX-calls

3. Create a translation:

Leave the route pattern blank

Set partition to PTN-inbound-PBX-calls

Set CSS to one that can call all internal phones (i.e. where to go after the translation)

Set the Calling Party Mask to XXXX

4. Set the CSS on the 3662 gateway to CSS-inbound-PBX

The flow is now -

call comes in from 3662 and the CSS forces it to the new translation where the CLI is masked to the last 4 digits. The CSS on the translation means that when digit analysis is called again, the call is then routed to a phone.

If you do not use partitions and CSS, inbound calls will always hit a phone (if the number is valid!) directly and not have the CLI changed.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content