Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Incoming Calls Missing Information-Perf. Mon. Counter

Looking at Performance Monitor counters under Unity 4.0(3), under the Integration heading, the counter Incoming Calls Missing Information reports a value of 3825.

What does this number mean? Does this indicate that since the last reboot 3825 incoming calls have had a poor integration experience (generic/wrong greeting), or does it mean something else?

Searching the support site I could not find any documentation of the Performance Monitor counters -- so I have many other questions on other counters. Is there a hidden or special document where the descriptions are available? Unfortunately, the *Explain* text inside PerfMon just repeats the name of the counter.

Any guidance will be most appreciated.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Incoming Calls Missing Information-Perf. Mon. Counter

There is an internal document that lists all the performance counters we add and has (very) brief explanations for what they are. In this case the explanation is:

Incoming Calls Missing Information

This counter is a COUNT type counter and is set by the Arbiter when an incoming call is received that has no Origin integration information (Origin unknown or Origin unavailable).

The "origin" information in this case is either internal or external to the switch - and in most cases the switch doesn't explicitly provide this information. We don't need it (i.e. we don't use it for anything specific) so it's not a problem but the counter is going to get incramented with just about every call I'd imagine.

Views
Helpful
Replies