Helpful
Replies

Incoming calls on second line didn't automatically go to primary line

dsuntama
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Could anyone help me.

Currently all the incoming calls on the second line which is shared line, whenever we pickup on our phone it will still active on the second line.

Previously it will automatically active on the primary line whenever we pick up the call on our phone.

Ex:

Phone 1 -> DN1 #217 -> DN2 #212

Phone 2 -> DN1 #205 -> DN2 #212

Whenever there is incoming call to 212 and Phone 1 Pick up, it will shown that #212 is off hook/active but previously it will automatically go to #217

CUCM 7.1.5

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Are you stating that you want the call to move from one directory number to another after you answer it? That isn't going to happen without you manually transferring it.

Alternatively, using the Call Pickup feature to answer the call would also accomplish what you want. In this case you will need to use the appropriate pickup softkey to answer the call alerting on the secondary DN. The primary DN will need to be in the same pickup group as the shared DN. Be careful here though because going off-hook will answer the alerting call if Always Use Prime Line is not set to True.

Message was edited by: Jonathan Schulenberg to add Call Pickup answer.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If I understand you correctly I believe you are talking about the Always Use Prime Line feature. You want this to be set to True so that going off-hook never answers a call on a secondary line appearance.

Hi Jonathan,

It's not the Always Use Prime Line feature that I wanted.

For example there is an incoming call on 2nd Line, so what I want is when I pickup the phone, the incoming call is automatically activated on my 1st line

Thanks

Are you stating that you want the call to move from one directory number to another after you answer it? That isn't going to happen without you manually transferring it.

Alternatively, using the Call Pickup feature to answer the call would also accomplish what you want. In this case you will need to use the appropriate pickup softkey to answer the call alerting on the secondary DN. The primary DN will need to be in the same pickup group as the shared DN. Be careful here though because going off-hook will answer the alerting call if Always Use Prime Line is not set to True.

Message was edited by: Jonathan Schulenberg to add Call Pickup answer.

Thanks for the advise

I would just use the pickup button