cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming calls to VM get fast busy

jeremy.abrams
Level 1
Level 1

When incoming calls from an MGCP Gateway arrive at the Unity system I get fast busy. The MGCP Gateway is using G729a.

The system is Unity 4.0(1) with CCM 3.3(2). I've checked the voice ports and they are enabled with G711 and G729a.

If I forward all calls from an IP Phone and then translate an incoming line to that phone, it will send it to VM using G711. But any G729, I get fast busy. The Unity TSP version is 7.0(3).

Any direction would help, Thanks.

7 Replies 7

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

I would need to see a CCM trace to determine what the issue is. Can you call a phone using g.729?

Keith, I emailed you the CCM trace file.

Thanks.

Keith, I email you the CCM trace file. Thanks

Ok, now Unity is answering the incoming calls but it only plays the first couple of words of the opening greeting and then gives a fast busy.

I have similar problem with my Unity. The problem was that when people would call into Unity they would get a busy. A check of the status page showed that only the first port was busy, all others were free.

The problem for me was this: When a call is forwarded CallMaanger checks a table to make sure there are now forward loops. By default the max number of forward loops allowed is 12. When the call is forwarded the first time the forward loop

counter for the DN is incremented. When the call is disconnected the forward loop counter for that DN is decremented. From time to time we run into an issue where the counter is not decremented. This detection

is to prevent the issue where phone a forwards to b and phone b forwards to a. A call to either a or b would cause a major forwarding loop and spike the CPU in the CallManager.

When I set port one to forward to higher port instead of the next then the busies went away. The problem is with CM and there is a fix but you have to contact TAC to get it.

From the trace he sent I can see that the call is getting extended to the port OK -- it wasn't getting terminated as a forwarding loop. What I can't see was why the call was getting torn down. We needed to get an additional trace for that.

I'll send him an email...

Thanks!

The problem was fix by changing the Service parameter - DisableAlerting Progress Indicator to True.

Bugs: CSCdz17571 and CSCdy26520

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: