cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

incoming fax problems

John
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Pri circuit terminated to a vg200 gateway into a callmanager 3.1 server. We have a VG-248 unit connected to a few fax machines. We have intermittent but continuing problems with certain fax machines when they try and send a fax to us. I am looking for settings in the vg200 primarily that would help make it work all the time. I think it might be a fax speed issue. Is there any settings in the vg-248 for these things. Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

jcmartin
Level 1
Level 1

First, make sure you have the latest version of the OS for the VG248. In the earlier versions, fax relay didn't work. The latest version is 1.1.2(29) and you have to call TAC to get it.

Then, make sure fax relay is enabled everywhere. On the VG200, you do this in the voip dial peers. In the VG248 you do it in the port configuration. On both devices, disable ECM and reset NSF to 000000. Again, this is done on the VG200 in the voip dial peers and in the VG248 in the port configuration.

sjatm
Level 1
Level 1

I've had the same exact problems which were corrected by downloading the newest software for the vg248, 1-1-2-29. Cisco tech told me it was a known bug, CSCuk37026, which usually affects the lower ports of each group of 4, i.e 1,2,5,6,9,10...

If you can connect a plain analog phone to the ports in question, you may hear a distinct off-sounding dial tone as I did on mine.

Good luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: