Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming ISDN BRI calls mapped to CME extensions

mfernandez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I have a group of BRIs with several numbers associated to it, they are not a continous pool.

I want to configure several numbers to ring directly in extensions of CCME (same router 1760-V-CCME).

Other numbers come into the TCL AA and work properly.

I have tried direct-inward-dial, digit stripping or prefix, but only get sometimes the router to give me dial tone.

dial-peer voice 106 pots

incoming called-number 9XXX83503

direct-inward-dial

prefix 406

Gives network congested at the operator.

dial-peer voice 106 pots

incoming called-number 9XXX83503

digit-strip

prefix 406

Gives dial tone, but not forward the call

How can I get this working?

Thanks

Miguel.

4 Replies 4

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

First of all under the dial-peer you also need to specify the port (voice port) through which the calls go in and out.

Is the ISDN line provisioned for voice ? I have never done a voice ISDN BRI implementation my self (though I have done lots on PRI). Do a debug isdn q931 on the router (recommended usage of debug only after production hours) and check to see what error code you are getting each time a call is placed. Check this link for various isdn error codes and their corresponding descriptions.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk379/technologies_tech_note09186a008012e95f.shtml

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thank you.

I tried specifying the port, but the behaviour is the same. In fact I use the dialpeer without the port, only dialed number (same BRIs), for other things and it works. e.g:

dial-peer voice 105 pots

application aa_es

incoming called-number 9XXXX3533

I did the debug isdn q931 and the results are quite normal. When I use direct-inward-dial it gives an invalid number cause, perhaps because I do not have that dialed number as extension, and without using direct-inward-dial, the ISDN call is normal, the router takes the call but only establish one leg, it does not connect to the extension required.

Perhaps, Is the problem in how to forward the call once inside the router? and how to manipulate the final number?

Regards.

DEBUG ISDN Q931: attached

Also check if dialplan-pattern 1 9XXX83... extension-length command is enabled under telephony-service. This is required for DID numbers where CME will strip the full number and dial only the last number of digits specified in extension-length.

Are you trying to get calls to come into the router via the BRI and stay on that router (local IP phone), have calls come in on a BRI and go out to another BRI, or have calls come in on a BRI and go out to another IP address? I am trying to get a better visual...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: