cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming/Outgoing problems

technology
Level 1
Level 1

Within the last 24 hours we have developed a slight problem with our CallManager. It does not appear to be affecting all users, or all calls.

Incoming calls will sometimes ring the phone, but when they answer the phone, there is nothing there. No static, just dead air. The Caller-ID string displays correctly.

Outgoing calls will dial, ring, and connect, but the caller hears nothing. The called party can hear the caller. If they hang-up and redial the call it might work fine.

I am on the same CallManager, and I have not experienced either of these problems. We have approximate 125 phones, and I have heard from less than 5 users.

We are running CM 3.13a. Gateway is a VG200 with IOS 12.2(4)T1. We have a 3640 router with IOS 12.1(5)T12. Uptimes are CM- 37 days, VG200- 22wks, 3640- 5 weeks.

I'm contemplating rebooting the CallManager server. It sounds like a memory leak to me. Anything I can look at to help diagnose a memory leak?

Thanks!

Steve

Madison Local Schools

3 Replies 3

adeolu_adeoye
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Steve,

Take a look at the link below. I hope it helps.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/fix_1way_voice.html

Regards,

Ade

Thanks for the link.

Steve

Sounds like a lack of configuration on the inbound dial-peer to state the codec to be used. i.e. "voice-class codec 1"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: