Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Increase volume prompts

How do I increase the 1-volume prompts 2-recorded messsages using Dialogic cards. <br><br>Sean Poure<br>NEC-Voice Engineering<br>Sr. Systems Engineer<br>714 4846275<br>

Sean Poure
1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Increase volume prompts

You can't adjust the playback volume seperately for prompts, greetings, voice names or messages... you can adjust the volume output for all recorded files by adjusting the median volume registry setting:

In the Registry, go to HKLM>Software>ActiveVoice>Miu>1.0>Initialization>ServiceProvider1>MedianVolume.

By default it's 50... 100 is twice as loud, 25 is half as loud etc... (i.e. it's not in decibles, of course!). You will have to restart your server to test the playback level to see if it helps. Again, this adjusts the over all volume for all outbound palyback except TTS messages (you'll see TTS playback volume adjustment settings in the same registry branch above).

Dialogic adjusts the volume for recorded messages on the inbound side using AGC. It'll work to make all messages reach a particular dB level regardless of it they're too quiet or too loud. I'm not sure off hand how to adjust this target dB level to something different, but I'm certain it can be done. Someone from the MIU group will need to help out here...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies