Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

information about cisco ata 186 and cisco 7960?

i would like to know if i buy the cisco ata 186 or the cisco 7960 i could call to other countries around the world?

what else do i need?

do i need another service or software?

how does it work?

someone that can explain to me everythig about these devices, what they do?

thank you...

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: information about cisco ata 186 and cisco 7960?

They can make calls anywhere there is IP connectivity and enough bandwidth to support the media streams.

What else do you need -a combintion of more IP phones, IP to PSTN gateways, Call Manager Servers, Sip Servers, H323 gatekeepers, MGCP call agents, all of which could be a combination of more hardware and software.

Too difficult to explain here ! Try putting 'VOIP' into google search engine, and be prepared for a lot of reading.

fc

I began testing the Vonage DigitalVoice SIP-thru-NAT technology earlier this week. Thus far, telephone conversations using it have been remarkably clear. For more information, see http://www.vonage.com. Additionally, if you'd care to email me, I'll show you how to save some money using Vonage's service.

F C Wood

fc@wood.org

Another service provider that can support, take you on-net calls (IP side) off the PSTN is deltathree - iconnecthere

You can find more information @ www.iconnecthere.com

Personally I recommend the ATA, cheaper, two analogue lines and you can connect any analogue device even cordless

Yaron

Views
Helpful
Replies