Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inoperable Cisco IP phones 7905G/12G

Hi, i tried to load an .logo to a 7905/12 phones but when i finished the procedure both phones became inoperable.

When i connect both phones to a power inline switch they only ignit their leds an remain in that way also the LCD screen stay off, it's in blank.

I will appreciate any help, thanks

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Inoperable Cisco IP phones 7905G/12G

Hi,

Did you try undoing all the changes you made including all the files you created for the logo? I am guessing you followed the procedure mentioned in http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_ipphon/english/ipp7905g/admin/ccm32/7900alt7.pdf

Regards,

Srikanth

Hi i know that procedure but i wonder if you have an example configuration file to load the firmware to these phones (7912/05) so i i can create the .cfg file to load a new profile for them.

Thanks,

Pepe

Silver

You could be running into this CSCsa72417.

I believe a new version of code for the phones fixed this. To fix the phones that hung like yours, I believe I had to remove any logo file, remove the gkdefault.cfg file and downgraded the phones and then upgraded. It was a bit of a hassle. The TAC replaced the one phone I couldn't get back to normal operating procedure.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content