Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input Clipping on Voice Mail

When retrieving voicemail over the phone through Unity, I've noticed the voice recording clipping when the person leaving the message speaks loudly. I'm also running Call Manager 3.0(7) with a DT24+ gateway. I'm not sure if this is a Unity issue or a Call Manager issue. <br><br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Input Clipping on Voice Mail

Since the CM wave driver doesn't yet support automatic gain control, you're going to have to modify the record volume levels manually. Sounce like the incoming messages are being recorded at too high a volume.

You can go to my web page below and get the WaveGain utility that lets you fiddle with the record and playback volumes in the wave driver until you get them to the point where they sound OK and then adjust the registry accordingly.

Some gateways can also adjust volume on incoming calls from the outside world. Be aware that changing the record/playback volume in the registry affects ALL recording/playback regardless of if it's an internal phone or an external caller coming through a gateway. If internall callers can leave messages and the volume is OK, you should probably look at your gateway for adjustment first.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content