Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Insert system message before personal greeting on unity

Hi,

We have a deployment of 500 users, unity 4.0(5) VM only with CCM 4.1(3)

Does anyone know if there is a way to insert a system message before all user's recorded greetings?

What I want to achieve is when calls are forwarded from attendant console, if they go to a user's voicemail, at some point after leaving AC and before reaching the users personal greeting the caller is told to dial 0 to go back to reception.

I can add the caller input to option to all greetings, but apparently getting them to change their greeting is off the radar.

Is there a way to insert a message before the personal greeting? The caller options can be in the personal greeting if need be.

Otherwise is there a way to bounce to a call handler or similar but then find it's way back to personal greetings?

Thanks in advance,

Mick

2 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Insert system message before personal greeting on unity

you can create a call handler that has the "dial 0 for an operator" message and define a CallRoutingRule to use this call handler for all inbound calls.

should work. i have a similar setup.

be sure to test your order of the callRoutingRule as order of the rules has an impact on how unity handles the call(s).

Re: Insert system message before personal greeting on unity

Thanks,

Do you know of a way to insert this in the call flow between AC forwarding a call and it getting to a personal inbox?

It needs to be after AC I'm afraid.. so when the attendant forwards a call to a user, if it goes to a call handler, can the call handler have some awareness of where the call was destined for?

TIA

Mick

Views
Helpful
Replies