Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Blue

Install Cisco CDR Insert service on Subscriber

The CDR Insert Service is not installed on a subscriber. It is installed on the publisher. Can I just insert the CallManager installation disk in the subscriber and just select the CDR service to be installed?

2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Install Cisco CDR Insert service on Subscriber

It's normal for the CDR insert service to be missing from a subscriber. The CDR insert service is not intended for use on a subscriber. All CDR data from all subscribers is sent to the CDR insert service on the publisher to be aggregated and inserted into the database.

Re: Install Cisco CDR Insert service on Subscriber

So based on this thread, should I remove the service from our subscriber services - or maybe set it to disabled?

We recently noticed that we were getting regular CDR Insert errors (pasted below)

*Event Type: Error

*Event Source: Cisco CDR Insert

*Event Category: None

*Event ID: 3

*Date: 11/13/2003

*Time: 5:03:31 PM

*User: N/A

*Computer: SR-CALLMGR-2

*Description:

*Error: kErrorNotCDRPrimary - InsertCDR service is *being run on a server that is not the CDR primary

* App ID: Cisco CDR Insert

* Cluster ID: StandAloneCluster

* Node ID: SR-CALLMGR-2

*Explanation: InsertCDR service is being run on a *server that is not the CDR primary

*Recommended Action: Either disable the service or *change the Enterprise Parameter for *PrimaryCDRUNCPath.

When I set the CDR insert flag to False on the subscriber, the error interval goes from 1 minute to 10 minutes. But the error does not go away.

Thanks

Steve

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content