Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Install Problem: UM4.0.3 - Configuration wizard: Step 4

I am almost done installing Unity Unified Messaging with a win2k active/active cluster.

While running step 4 of the configuration wizard, I encounter the error:

*** The following problem was found while verifying that the system meets the installation requirments:

The specified user does not have permission to create contact objects.

Call Technical Support ***

I am stuck and do not know how to proceed, anyone any ideas?

ps: i have run the permission wizard successfully with no errors, and have given exchange administrator rights to both installation and directory service accounts.

1 REPLY

Re: Install Problem: UM4.0.3 - Configuration wizard: Step 4

Hello -

Here are a couple of things I would check:

1. Run the Unity 4.0(3) version of the Permissions Wizard from an account that is a domain admin.

2. You checked the Contacts box in the permissions wizard prompt, "Select which objects Cisco Unity Administrator can create"

3. Check both installation and directory service account permissions through ADUC to see if there are any implicit/explicit DENY priviledges or any DENY being applied through GPOs for those accounts.

4. Check to see that "allow inheritable permissions from parent to propagate to this object" has been checked for the Security Tab for the accounts in question.

Sincerely, Ginger

Views
Helpful
Replies