Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Install subscriber CCM 3.1(1) join primary CCM 3.1(1) have problem

I have MCS.sti CCM 3.1(1) database.

but I reinstall a new CCM server to 3.1(1)

then restore the database at this CCM 3.1(1) server.

everything is ok.

can be registered about IP Phone and MGCP Gateway.

but,

when I install another CCM server 3.1(1) to join this primary server, my subcriber 3.1(1) server have some error,

1.CCM service can't start

2.I can't see CCM service buttum at CCMadmin of control center

so the cluster is broken.

who can give me a suggest for CCM 3.1(1) cluster installation step by step.

thanks a lot.

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Install subscriber CCM 3.1(1) join primary CCM 3.1(1) have p

If you look in the Enterprise Manager on the subscriber can you look and see if there is a CCM030x database there? Did you ever have the subscriber in the publishers database before you did the backup? What are you using for name resolution? DNS, hosts, lmhosts, or WINS?

Thank you,

thanks your reply,

no I'm not backup my subcriber server database.

I just have primary server database,

so I install 3.0(1) then upgrade 3.0(5a), 3.0(6) to 3.0(9) to 3.1(1) before,

my server database is broken,just only have primary database can be use, I can direct install 3.1(1),restore primary database, the service is running.

but when I use subcriber to join primary, when restart my subcriber server, have two service is stop ,include Call Manager and CTIManager,

so I can't to use subcriber server CCM service.

how can I do this to fix problem.

Cisco Employee

On the subscriber if you go to start -> programs -> microsoft sql -> sql enterprise manager. Then hit the + sign until you get down to the databases. Looking at the databases do you see a CCM030x? If you don't that is the problem. If you do look in the same place on the publisher and see what the latest CCM030x is on the pub. Do these match up? If you have no CCM030x database on the subscriber what are you using for name resolution? DNS, WINS, lmhosts, or hosts?

Thank you,

-Mckee

You HAVE TO setup a DNS Server in your network first, elsewhere the 2 CM's won't communicate and the CM service won't start on the 2nd CM.

For test solutions you can run dns on one of your CMs as win2000 service.

Good Luck TOM

thanks.

but when I install 2nd CM to join 1st CM, the 1st CM host can be found from 2nd CM.

I have another question.

I have database ccm0304,use ccm3.1(2c),I want renew a server os, so I direct install ccm system from 3.1(1), so I have ccm0300 database, upgrade to ccm3.1(2c), I have ccm0301 database, then I restore ccm0304 database at this ccm server. restart server.

The service is normal working.

I use another MCS7835 to join this ccm do subcriber server.

but the service is not working. how can I to fix this problem or use another installation step to use cluster the same database.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content