Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Installation Failure of CRA

Need help..I'm new to CRA and am having trouble installing the software. I have loaded the OS (Choosing dedicated server installation option). I then loaded CallManager 3.3.2. I applied the appropriate OS patch and SQL patch. When I begin with the CRA installation disk and get to the Cisco CallManager DataBase Location page, I select (A different server), populate the hostname of my Publisher CallManager which is in the same workgroup. I then enter the Windows username and Windows password, and then the sa username (which is default) and the sql password. When I press NEXT I receive the following message: Could not connect to the CallMgr database using the SQL user and password specified. Please make sure that your Cisco CallManager server is operating correctly berfore proceeding. I am at a loss. I can communicate between the two servers and have reloaded both servers several times to insure no problems with SQL passwords. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES

Re: Installation Failure of CRA

CallManager 3.3 is now registered using NT authentication. In earlier versions it was registered using SQL and NT.

The SA username and password will not be recognized when connecting to the database remotely.

Try connecting with the local Administrator acct. instead.

This should solve the problem

Thanks for the feedback. When I attempt to connect to the CallManger database using the Loal Admin account, I recieve the same message (Could not connect to the CallManger database using the SQL user and password specified. Also, it I just enter the Windows username and password and leave the sa username and password blank, I still receive the same message. I put a sniffer between the two servers and when I attempt to connect to the CallManager database I am seeing a NT error message, let it does not give me enough info. to determine the cause. Based on your reply I'm betting it has to do with 3.3 using NT authentication to register and not SQL. At this point I'm wondering if I should get away from doing a dedicated server installation and go with Callmanager and CRA co-existing on the same server to see if this eliminates what appearsw to be an authentication issue.

Found out by putting a sniffer between the CallManager and the CRA server that the time for IP to name resolution was taking longer than the CRS installation would allow. We were using a LMhost file entry to resolve IP to name. Changed this to a host file entry and everything works fine.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content