cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installation Failure

ceverett
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to install Unity 3.1(2) but the installation process keeps on failing. I run the setup.exe and then am prompted for the language as normal but then receive a message 'The system cannot find the path specified' after double clicking on the language. This happens with any domain account (user and administrator). Local users on the Unity server don't have this problem.<br>I have built a component system, Windows domain with the PDC an NT4 server. Exchange 5.5 has been installed locally using the domain user. The domain user has 'logon as a service' and 'Act as a part of the os' set and I have checked that there isn't a domain policy in place. All OS and SQL service packs have been installed.<br><br>

3 Replies 3

Anil Verma
Level 5
Level 5

Try to use the Permissions Wizard interface. Select the domain account that you would like to use to install in the installer account. If there is a permission issue, this should take care of it.
You can download the wizard from answermonkey.net

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

The permissions wizard tool didn't fix the problem, in fact I couldn't install the tool as it had the same problem. The Unity and permissions wizard installation programs were both trying to use H: drive but it didn't exist.
I was told that there wasn't a Domain Security policy in place but there is. I did a 'subst h: c:\temp' and that fixed the problem. I also changed the Unity servers security policy to allow this.

Not applicable

this doesn't make any sense... the permissions wizard (or Unity for that matter) don't "try and use the H drive". We don't try and use any specific drive you don't tell us to. The H drive references in the event log are paths to the source control system here (which happens to show up as the H drive).

Don't know what actually happened here but it wasn't anything to do with us hard coded to look for an H: drive anywhere.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: