Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

installation failure

When I run setup.exe from CD 1 on Unity 3.1(2c), immediately after clicking "Next" the first time I get the following message "While trying to install the Sentinel System Driver, Windows Installer returned a failure code: 3". This happens right after the "Reading Information" dialog box comes up where it says "Setup is examining your system. Please wait." I thought maybe it was a permissions problem so I ran the Permissions Wizard program from Answermonkey. I am logged in as Administrator and used that account throughout the Permissions Wizard. This server is a Dell PowerEdge 500SC running Windows 2000 and Active Directory. Any ideas as to what the problem might be?<br><br>

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: installation failure

The security key driver failing to install wouldn't normally be a permissions issue (at least not one that I've seen). Can you try installing the security key driver directly off the Unity CD #1? there should be a setup under a Security Key directory (I don't have a cD handy so I don't have the exact directory name). See if it throws an error.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Installing the security key driver by itself and then running Unity setup solved the problem. Thanks very much!

Anonymous
N/A

Hmmm... that's kinda troubling actually. The Unity setup is just spawning the security key (Rainbow) setup via Windows Installer, I wonder why it would fail that way vs. running properly directly? I'll take it up with the setup guys on Monday and see if they have any ideas.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies