Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing CCM on DL 380 G3/G2 with dual PIII or Dual Xeon

ciscoccie.swe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi NetPros,

I am planning to buy and install CCM 4.X or higher version on HP/Compaq DL 380 or DL 320. when i looked at the Cisco Approved Hardware requirements sheet i found the model that i am planning to buy... with dual PIII or dual Xeon on DL 380 G3. The Cisco document says

"DL380-G2 is a robust server solution designed for Cisco Unified Communications software

applications. Up to 7500 IP phones can be supported on a single server running Cisco

CallManager 3.3 or later. The required processors are dual Intel Pentium III 1.4-GHz processors. No specific memory configuration is required as long as 2 GB of memory is achieved".

Just wanted to make sure with NetPro's before buying the server that i am able to install and practice myself on CCM 4.X or higher versions.

Also, wondering.. Is DL 360 is also on the approved list ??? and is it possible to install CCM on it

Thanks in advance....

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

just remove /partner from the link to access it

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

you can go that way, if it's only for a lab or training you can do it. just be aware we won't provide any support for that as it's a non-supported platform as per the link.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

here you have the HW compatibility matrix

Supported Cisco Unified Communications Manager Releases by Server

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

make sure the server meets the EXACT specs from

www.cisco.com/go/swonly

if the parts numbers are not a perfect match it won't do

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Java,

Thanks for your reply. Yes i have seen the second link and HP server solutions. The first link i cant do it bcoz it requires partner login.

Coming up with an other idea like how about installing on the non approved hardware with VMware installed. Since its not going to be an production system and only for training.

what are possibilities on this...

just remove /partner from the link to access it

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

you can go that way, if it's only for a lab or training you can do it. just be aware we won't provide any support for that as it's a non-supported platform as per the link.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Java,

Thanks for your reply...

Yes ..i got it

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: