Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Installing CCM on Non-Cisco Server For Lab Testing

how to install CCM on a normal server for testing?

6 REPLIES

Re: Installing CCM on Non-Cisco Server For Lab Testing

hi,

you cannot install CCM software on a norml PC or other servers othern than Cisco documented. In case you try to do so you may recieve errors while running the H/W detection cd.

Although there are cracks for installing the CCM on a non recommended server it might work unexpectedly.

subhrojyoti.

i did all this and i even got a new updates from cisco website but i am getting this error when i wana install CCM 4.1(3)

the error is:

"CreateProcess: Error: 2: The System Cannot find the file specified"

You can install CCM on non-MCS platform using the "floppy trick". You will be using original Cisco CDs with all original settings and services. I tried this "trick" on couple Compaq/HP desktops, and then on VMWare to simulate our production environment in the lab. Here is the outline for the installation:

1. Copy the boot image (bootimg.bin) from the CD1 (hardware Detection) to a floppy disk using FDIMAGE.EXE utility.

2. Modify the AUTOEXEC.BAT to skip the "Hardware Detection" phase by specifying the platform manually (it could be 7825 or simpliest IBM image).

3. Boot using this floppy and start the installation.

Just play a little with different "platforms". It's proven to work.

Good luck,

Michael

www.ciscoheadsetadapter.com

when we ordered the CCM 4.1(3)

we didnot get the cd : Hardware Detection

we directly got the windows cd and the ccm cds...

and there aint bootimg.bin in the windows one :/

even it is the cd that detects the hardware..

so any solution?

If you are able to boot from the CD, it means you HAVE the "bootimg.bin" file. It's the only way to boot from CD. The file could be hidden (have hidden / system / readonly attribute), but it IS on the CD.

www.ciscoheadsetadapter.com

Bronze

CM installation is looking for shutdown.exe file under c:\utils. Before you run CM install CDs run win-os-upgrade-k9-2000.2.7 or later. Then copy shutdown.exe from c:\programm files\cisco\updates\2000.2.7 to c:\utils. Make sure to do registry mods first before running 2000.2.7.

That should do it.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content