Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

installing CRS/CRA 3.0(3) on HP DL320-G2

anyone managed to get this working? I have tried with OS version 2000 2.4(came with CRA) and I get to insrt disk 3 and it reads the disc and stops. i tried with OS version 2000 2.3 (came with CCM3.3(2) and I dont even get past disk one.

is this something funny with the IDE/ATA raid controller?? I have tried a few options but nothing seems to go. I have even tried to disable the raid but cannot seem to do that very well.

though i do see in documentation for 3.0 the dl320-g2 is not mentioned and it also states that dual proc. and RAID is not supported, in the 3.0 (3) docs. the DL320-G2 is supported and only dual proc. are not supported RAID is not mentioned here.

any Ideas, pointers greatly appriciated

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: installing CRS/CRA 3.0(3) on HP DL320-G2

You have to follow the HW guidelines exactly - The part numbers can be located at www.cisco.com/go/swonly

Re: installing CRS/CRA 3.0(3) on HP DL320-G2

You are right about about os version 2000.2.4 for a DL320-G2 system. Disk 3 is a DVD. So be sure you have a DVD player in the G2.

If you don't have that then there is a way around it. Take another system with a DVD player and create a a CD-ROM with only the image you need for the DL320-G2 system (that will fit on a CD-rom). Keep the rest of the directory structure the same.

But remember without DVD you don't have an approved platform.

Anyway. What you want works fine for us on a G2.

Views
Helpful
Replies