Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Installing Desktop Agents through a Firewall

I'm using IPCC Express -- ICD Enhanced 3.02 -- and i need to get the desktop agent and supervisor agent software installed on workstations that are separated from the ICD server by a PIX firewall. To make matters more interesting, there's NAT involved (the server is on private 10.x.x.x space, workstations are on "public" space). I think we've got all the necessary ports open in the PIX for this, but when I install the software, it keeps bombing out because it's looking for the private address of the server. I've modified the InstallManager.cfg file to change all the addresses to the NATted equivalent and some things in the install appear to be using the file, but there are other places it looks like it's pulling the addresses from somewhere else -- LDAP?

Has anyone gotten the desktop software to install through a PIX & if so, what's the secret?

Thanks,

John

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Installing Desktop Agents through a Firewall

I do not believe that you have any trouble with your IP addresses. You could verify if there is any issue with this issue by going through the PIX logs for any filtering done.

Just want you to check that you have opened all the LDAP , JTAPI and the CTI Manager ports as well.

Re: Installing Desktop Agents through a Firewall

turns out after a TAC case that install where NAT is involved is not a supported/tested configuration. The server puts it's real address into LDAP when it starts up, & the client is getting the "real" address from that. We're modifying our network configuration to eliminate the need for NAT.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.