Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Installing exchange on an existing Unity server

I installed exchange 2000 admin. on a Unity 3.1.3 server in a unified setup. The customer does not want to provide Unified Messaging to everyone. In other word, they want to give only voice mail to some users. The users do not want to see their voice mails into their Inbox. I planned to store their voice mails into the Unity server. My question is what should I do with the subscribers account before I delete them from unity. Let me add that I want only their voice mail messages to be homed on the Unity box and their Outlook clients will be attached to the existing Exchange server.<br><br><br>

1 REPLY
Gold

Re: Installing exchange on an existing Unity server

There really isn't anything you need to do to subscribers before you delete them from Unity. Keep in mind that once you delete them from Unity you are going to need to re-add them again and they will basically be a new subscriber. i.e. greetings, password, etc will not be saved.

There is no support way to point a subscriber to a new mailbox however it is possible to manually edit the Unity database and AD to accomplish this.

Keith

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content