Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Instlling BARS on top of IPCC+CCM setup

I have a CCM 4.1 + IPCC Express 3.5 installation up and running.

I am trying to install BARS to backup critical data. But the BARS installation guide says:

(Cisco IP Telephony Backup and Restore System (BARS) Administration Guide, Version 4.0(2))

"Cisco strongly recommends that you install BARS before you install the supported Cisco IP telephony application. "

Does it means that we have to install BARS before installing IPCC server ( is a separate server) ?

What is the implication if we install the BARS on this running setup ie installing BARS after installing IPCC ?

2 REPLIES

Re: Instlling BARS on top of IPCC+CCM setup

The admin guide is speaking of installing BARS before installing other Cisco supported applications on the CCM server. If your IPCC software is on a separate server, there should be no problem.

Brandon

Cisco Employee

Re: Instlling BARS on top of IPCC+CCM setup

i have installed BARS on the same server that had CCM and IPCCX. In my case, they were all on the same server (this was a lab), and I installed BARS after I had all applications installed. I did not have a problem. Also, my CCM was at 3.3.4 and IPCCX was 3.1.5

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content