Views
Helpful
Replies

integrate callmanager with active directory

i.fouraki
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to install the cisco customer directory configuration plugin that integrates the callmanager with active directory. The installation always stops when I get a message that the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NTDS\Parameters\Schema Update Allowed registry key must be set to "1" in order to permit schema changes in the active directory.

Although I made the change to specified value, the error message still appears and the installtion will not finish.

Can anyone help me?

CallManager version 3.3(3)sr1

Regards,

Yanna

4 Replies 4

trailman73
Level 4
Level 4

I assume you are doing the reg change on the Schema Master? Is it 2000, or 2003?

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have made the reg change and I have 2000. But I still get the message and the installation will not continue.

Yanna

I'm not sure if you fully understood the last post from trailman73. Make certain you're applying that registry update to the Windows 2000 Active Directory schema master server. You do not apply this to the CallManager, you apply it to a specific domain controller in your Active Directory domain, the one that holds the schema master FSMO role. You also need to point to that specific domain controller during the schema update portion of the Customer Directory plugin install process.

If you don't know which server holds this role, consult with your friendly local domain admin. If you are the friendly local domain admin and don't know which server holds this role, you can use ntdsutil or the Active Directory Schema MMC snap-in. The snap-in will not only tell you which server is the schema master, it also has a handy checkbox for turning on schema modification permissions, which is another way of accomplishing what you need to do if you're still having trouble with the registry entry. See the following URL for more info:

http://www.serverwatch.com/tutorials/article.php/10825_1468641_3

Hi,

thanks for your response.Actually, the whole setup is in a lab envrinment and I am just testing the integration. I did the change to the domain controller, not the CM of course.

The truth is that I am not familiar with active directory, and as I was searching around I found out I do not have the schema snap-in installed. I will try it this way.

Thanks for the url.

Yanna

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: