cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrating Callmanager 3.0(3) and Unity thruTapi

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I've set up Unity as instructed and set up Tapi and TSP. Tested TSP and it passed. I set up the switch, ports and subscribers. When I try dialing into voice mail I get a fast busy. CallManager is set up with a uOne port. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or what I've missed. <br><br>

8 Replies 8

mslaga
Level 1
Level 1

You need to get the latest cisco switch file from Active Voice. The integration with Call Manager uses "none" instead of "tapi". The filename is Cisco0002.INI. Below is some of what it contains:

[Identity]
SwitchManufacturer=CISCO
SwitchModel=CALLMANAGER
SwitchSoftwareVersion=3.01 OR LATER
IntegrationType=none

[MWI Default]
MWIType=TAPI
Active=Yes
CodesChangable=No
CodesChangeable=
LampOn=
LampOff=
RetryCount=
RetryInterval=
UpdateDisplay=
PortMemory=

Matt Slaga
TimeBridge Technologies
MCNE, MCSE2k-4.0-3.51, CCNA, CIPT2.0

Not applicable

Keep in mind, however, that Unity 2.4.5.66 and later DO use "TAPI" as the integration type in the INI file and on the security key (they need to match).

For 2.4.0 versions, "none" is correct for the integration type.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Not applicable

I'm using Unity 2.45. This is my Cisco0002.ini file:

[Identity]
SwitchManufacturer=CISCO
SwitchModel=CALLMANAGER
SwitchSoftwareVersion=3.01 OR LATER
IntegrationType=TAPI

[MWI Default]
MWIType=TAPI
Active=Yes
CodesChangable=No

Unity grabs the ports I set up from my CallManager and I set extensions to them, but I get a fast busy when dialing. CallManager is working because I can call other phones, and outside. I don't feel like I've set up all communication from Unity's side. Has anyone had this problem before?

Not applicable

What's the integration type on your key? You can use DumpKey on the Unity program group to check... if it's not TAPI we wont come up properly. You'd also see errors in the application event log on startup of Unity.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Not applicable

My integration is TAPI. I can also get the MWI working, but I think it's coming from CallManager. The two boxes aren't communicating.

Not applicable

FYI,
If the integration type is not set properly Unity will still start up and be able to answer calls, but you will not get any integration information on the call.

Since you are not able to call Unity at all then you must be experiencing some other problem. You probably want to call support. But here some questions that might help solve the problem.

1. Do you see any AvCiscoTsp_MC messages in the application event log during Unity's start up? If you see errors then Unity failed to connect to the CallManager. If you do not see any AvCiscoTsp_MC messages then Unity did not try to connect to the CallManager. This could happen if you don't have any devices configured in AvCiscoTsp or you have a dual switch configuration and the dialogic cards are using up all the available ports .
2. If you put a phone in the same location and device pool as Unity, can you call the phone?
3. Are you using G.729? If yes, then are there AvCiscoTsp_MC events in the application event log saying G.729 has been enabled?

Aaron Belcher
Software Engineer
Active Voice
abelcher@activevoice.com

Not applicable

1. I Do not see any AvCiscoTsp_MC messages in the application event log during Unity's start up that indicate Unity failed to connect to the CallManager.
2. If I put a phone in the same location and device pool as Unity, I can't call the phone.

Now, it seems I've locked myself out of Unity's Administrator. I get a screen that says I don't have the correct class of service. I didn't change anyone's class of service. Ugh. Is there a way to fix this?

Not applicable

You should probably call tech support. They should be able to help with the class of service problem.

If you can't call a phone in the same device pool and location as Unity then there is a problem with your CallManager setup. Make sure the partition for the called phone and Unity are in the call search space of the calling phone. If the calling phone is in a different location from the called phone, put them in the same location and try making the call. Make sure the bandwith settings for the locations are set properly. Try changing the region settings to G.711 and see if the call goes through.

Aaron Belcher
Software Engineer
Active Voice
abelcher@activevoice.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: