Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Integrating Fax server/uninstalling Active Fax

We are running Unity 2.4.6.102 and Active (Lightning) Fax 6.5 on the same box. We want to uninstall Active Fax (I found the procedure for this on the forum) and then integrate a stand alone fax server which we already have set up and working. My question is how do you integrate the new fax server with Unity after unistalling Active Fax?<br><br>Thanks,<br>Vince<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Integrating Fax server/uninstalling Active Fax

There's really no integrating that needs to be done. The fax server is responsible for getting inbound faxes to the mailbox of users (usually by DID routing or the like) and Unity will pick these messages up as faxes provided we know about the message class. We ship with message classes for a number of the top selling fax servers already... here's a list of the currently supported ones:

http://avforums.isomedia.com/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=Unity3x&Number=6705&Search=true&Forum=Unity3x&Words=fax &Match=Entire Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=6months&Main=6703

For outbound faxes, we simply forward the email (with a TIF attachment in the case of a fax) to Exchange with an address format of "[FAX:Name@delivery number]". Most fax servers out there will register for this type of message (all the one's I've tested) and they take it and run...

If you're working with a fax server not on the list you can add the message class that fax server uses in the registry and you're good to go. If your fax server doesn't support the "[FAX:name@deliveryNumber]" you're kinda stuck, however... that's not configurable. Easy enough to test from an Outlook client quickly, however.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content