Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Integrating unity 31 with multiple Call manager clusters

I have 2 separate Callmanagers connected with an H.323 gateway connector and phones on either end. Ive got the phones talking. I have a unity 314ver on one side of the callmanagers. I want to use this Unity box for both Callmanagers. I created 2 ports each for the separate callmanagers, through the TSP and they test fine. The phones and callmager that are on the same side as the Unity box work fine with voicemail. When I configure all the settings for the other phones and callmanager and dial the port for voicemail it goes to a fast busy. I cant seem to find a complete document for this type of installation, is there any?

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Integrating unity 31 with multiple Call manager clusters

This white paper might be what you're looking for... "Installing Unity with Multiple Call Manager Clusters":

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/whitpapr/clusmain/clust_31.htm

Gold

Doesn't sound like you have it setup correctly. Let me know if you have questions still after reading this:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/whitpapr/clusmain/

Keith

Are these two separate call managers in a single cluster, or are they both publishers? Are they connected together with an intercluster trunk?

When connecting Unity to multiple call manager clusters, you need to dedicate at least one port to each cluster for MWI. So if you have a 16-port system, you assign one port to each system for MWI, and then you can split up the remaining 14 ports between the systems however you want. The doc that Keith and Jeff pointed you to suggest putting the remaining ports on one call manager and having a route pattern on the second that points to the intercluster trunk. That's just one way to do it. You can split the ports evenly if you like. You just need to remember to actually configure the proper number of ports on each call manager.

Your configuration on Unity should reflect this configuration. You should have two call managers configured on the window with the "Test" button in the TSP configuration.

adam

I have 2 separate call managers that are both publishers. They have an Intercluster trunk with H323 gateway.

I am only use a demo version so I have only 2 ports so I assign one port to one callmanager and the other port to the other call manager. they test good. so when I try to call the port it gives me a fast busy on one but not on the phone that is on the same side that unity is on. So I tried putting in a route pattern to route to that specific number which I set voicemail to 2501 on one side and 2502 on the other side. 2502 when dialed gives me a fast busy.

Do I call the same Pilot number for both sides of the phones? For example if I have 2501 setup for one of the call managers do I setup the other to use the same pilot number?

I have the same setup and it would not work using the same pilot. As soon as I created seperate pilots it worked.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.