Views
Helpful
Replies

Inter-cluster Trunk

vidir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

We have a CallManager that is used for international calls. Now I have installed another CallManager and would like the new one to send all the international calls over to the old one and let him handle them.

Has any of you an url to some documentation how this is done ?

I think I have to be at the new CallManager and select:

Device --> Add A New Device --> Gateway --> H.323 Gateway --> Inter-Cluster Trunk.

Then in the Device Name field I put the name of the old CallManager that is supposed to handle the international calls.

I have also set up Route Group, Route List and Route Pattern for all calls that begin with 00 (that is for international calls from Iceland). The Route Group points to the Inter-Cluster Trunk Gateway.

For some reason this does not work. I wonder why :-)

As mentioned earlier it would be great if you could point me to some docs regarding this.

Thanks in advance and a happy new year,

Vidir

3 Replies 3

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are exactly correct that the Inter-Cluster Trunk device would be used to route calls between two different CallManagers that are not clustered.

You may want to edit the devices you have and change the Device Name from the server names to their IP addresses, and do Reset Gateway on both sides. Also, insure that your digit discarding instructions are correct on both sides.

Hi David,

Everything is up and running. It had something to do with the digit discarding instructions.

Thanks for your answear.

Best regards,

Vidir

rjohnson
Level 1
Level 1

I think it is going to depend on the type of gateway you have. If you have an centrally located IOS based H.323 gateway that is used to access PSTN that will placing the calls, you must point the new call manager at that gateway NOT at the older Call Manager which is pointed at the gateway.

Cisco Call Manager does not support tandem switching. I learned this the hard way. Maybe a Cisco person can correct me if I am wrong or misunderstood what you are trying to do, but you may give it a shot.

Russ