Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Inter Site Dial Plan (CME and CCM)

Hello,

We have CCM at the home site and CME at the remote satellite site. I want to "tie" the two together some day using like an inter-cluster trunk or some such method (still not sure on how to do that, but I'm told it can be done).

In any case, I'm interested in knowing how people construct "on-net" dial plans. Questions:

1. Do you generally have a site code that must be dialed after say pressing the "8" (e.g. 8+ <site code> + extension?

2. Or would you use 7 digit dialing for the remote site and translation patterns?

3. Or some other design?

Also, I'm going to be sending the data over our Corporate network. I'm told that it's *NOT* QoS enabled and I can expect problems. I thought I heard that there was a way for CCM to automatically "sense" this and decide which way to send the call (i.e. on-net or off-net). Is that true? If so, how do you do it?

Thanks,

Dave

1 REPLY

Re: Inter Site Dial Plan (CME and CCM)

You could either add the CME as a h323 gateway in callmanager, or else create a ICT to the cme gateway. You dont need to use a site code to dial to the remote site, but its generally a good idea to use site code, so that you may have scalability. Site code also helps in case your two CME sites (for example) has overlapping dial plans.

9.<> -> to dial out from CCM

80.<> -> to site 1

81.<> -> to site2.

You can also enable TEHO (Tail end hop off) type dial plans on CM so that you may call local numbers (local to CME site) as a voip call and hop off the CME gateway (Toll savings).

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content