cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Interact Unity 4.0 with CM 3.3

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

After I create a call handler or directory handler how do I interact it with my CM box? If I have a call handler extension 1000 and dial that extension it doesn't work.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello -

In CCM, create a CTI Route Point. Add a DN that is routable in your dial plan, i.e. it could be a 5-digit extension if your dialing plan supports 5-digit dialing. On the DN configuration, in the Directory Number Settings section, select a voicemail profile (this is what designates the first port of your Unity system, not the Unity integration manager). Also in the DN configuration, in the Call Forward and Pickup Settings sections, check the box that says "Forward All" to Voicemail. Once this is done, add the same extension to your Unity call handler. One last thing, make sure your call handler selects either a subscriber or distribution list in the Messages section of the call handler for Message Recipient, otherwise Unity will tell you the "System is not available" or something similar to that. For reference, we are running Unity 3.1(5) and CCM 3.3(3).

Hope this helps! Ginger

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

You need to route the call the Unity some how. Each Unity port has an extension just like IP phones do. If you want the call to get to Unity you can add a CTI route point with extensions 1000 and configure it to Call Forward All to the extension assigned to the first Unity port.

Thanks,

Keith

Not applicable

Do I make a CTI Route point of CTI device? I tried making both and then going in my Unity Integration manager and setting the port number on that end. When I dial the extension I get a busy tone. I restarted all services and still the same problem. I don't know how to make the CM register those new devices/route points.

Hello -

In CCM, create a CTI Route Point. Add a DN that is routable in your dial plan, i.e. it could be a 5-digit extension if your dialing plan supports 5-digit dialing. On the DN configuration, in the Directory Number Settings section, select a voicemail profile (this is what designates the first port of your Unity system, not the Unity integration manager). Also in the DN configuration, in the Call Forward and Pickup Settings sections, check the box that says "Forward All" to Voicemail. Once this is done, add the same extension to your Unity call handler. One last thing, make sure your call handler selects either a subscriber or distribution list in the Messages section of the call handler for Message Recipient, otherwise Unity will tell you the "System is not available" or something similar to that. For reference, we are running Unity 3.1(5) and CCM 3.3(3).

Hope this helps! Ginger