Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

intercluster between CCM 3.1 and CCM 3.3

Hi All,

I have a customer, they have two clusters, two CCM servers (Version3.1) on one site, and three CCM servers (version 3.3) on the other site. All intra culster IP calls and PSTN calls are good. They configured intercluster trunk on CCM 3.3 and intercluster H.323 gateway on the CCM3.1. It was working, they could make intercuster calls via the WAN from both sites.

But about 3-4 monthes ago, they upgrade the CCM 3.33 to 3.34 and after several days, they can not call from CCM3.1 to CCM3.3 via the WAN, the only way is via PSTN. The intercluster call from CCM 3.34 to CCM 3.1 is still working.

I tried from CCM 3.1 to dial 7078 which is a DN within CCM 3.3 cluter, when I press 707, I get the busy tone from the callmanager. It seem the intercluster gateway does not work.

I checked the CCM3.1 configuration, they have route pattern 7XXX point to the intercluster gateway.

Any suggestion will be high appreciated.

3 REPLIES

Re: intercluster between CCM 3.1 and CCM 3.3

Verify that the Trunk configuration contains the IP address/hostname of all Callmanager nodes contained in the device pool of the remote trunk. Please see the Remote Cisco CallManager Information section under Trunk Configuration Settings in the following link for further explanation.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801f00f2.html

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Thanks for your reply. The trunk on CCM3.3 is working, we can make a call from CCM3.3 to CCM3.1 via the trunk.

The issue is on the CCM3.1, we can not make a call from CCM3.1 to CCM 3.3 via the WAN. We could not configure intercluster trunk on CCM3.1, a H323 intercluster gateway is being configured and it was working, and suddenly it stopped.

Cisco Employee

Did you try resetting the gateway on the CCM3.1 cluster?

The fact that you get a reorder tone after the 3rd digit sounds like a Calling Search Space problem. The problem also appeared out of no where which either means there was a bug with intercluster trunk, or something was changed on the CCM 3.1 cluster. If it is a bug, a reboot of the cluster should clear the problem until it happens again.

I'd suggest that you turn on detailed traces for the 3.1 cluster and collect traces for a failed call before you reboot the cluster.

Views
Helpful
Replies