Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Intercluster trunk

I have set up an intercluster trunk from Syd branch office to Melbourne branch office this works fine.

In our Melbourne branch we have 2 number ranges 8907XXXX & 8925XXXX. Route patterns for these have been setup to prefix digits on outgoing calls ie:038925 so the user just dials the ext XXXX and out the pstn they go on the de30+.So the next thing is creating a route group for the h.323 wan gateway which is done, then I have created a route list for the inter cluster trunk gateway ordered by highest priority wan link then pstn.I made 5 calls to the Melbourne office at the same time successfully though the voice quality degraded.We do not have a gatekeeper for call admission controll so what I want to know is when will the calls over the wan route over the pstn, and will they be able to recognise the route patterns in place that are associated with the primary route list de30+ card or do I need to do something else.Sorry if this seems long winded.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Intercluster trunk

So what you want to do is send a call across the inter-cluster trunk as long as there is enough bandwidth, and if not then go out the PSTN?

In order to do this, you will need to use an H.323 Gatekeeper as that is the only kind of Call Admission Control available that can cause CallManager to try another Group in the Route List.

But yes, this can be done. You would use a Route List, the first Route Group in the List would contain the "AnonymousDevice" which points to the Gatekeeper, and the next Route Group would contain the DE-30+ gateway, and on the Route List configuration for that Route Group, you would prefix the digits necessary to call over the PSTN, like 038925.

Cisco Employee

Re: Intercluster trunk

Another way to do this would be to use the Locations feature in CallManager. It's in the System menu in CCMAdmin. When there is not enough bandwidth left between locations, then the phone will display "Not Enough Bandwidth" and they will be required to manually dial the number again through another path.

About the voice quality: regardless of which method you use (Gatekeeper or Locations) you need to insure that the WAN routers connecting the 2 sites have the proper QoS configurations to give a strict priority to the voice traffic.

Views
Helpful
Replies