Views
Helpful
Replies

Interconnecting Nortel CS1000 to CME 3.2 via H323

rhobab
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I'm having trouble connecting a Cisco 3725 with CME 3.2 to a Nortel CS1000 viaq H323. I can make the call and speak fine when the call is started form the CME end but when the call is made from the Nortel end the call is established but there is no audio.

Any one have any idea?

thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

awatkins
Level 1
Level 1

In case this helps work out what is happening, I have done an etherreal trace. All I am getting from the Nortel is a single Q931 packet that is a short frame and split over two packets.

This is the only packet recieved. There is no attempt to negotiate terminal facilities etc.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

awatkins
Level 1
Level 1

I cant help, but bizzarly we are having the same problem on the same day. we have a H323 between a CS1K and and a CME. Outbound calling works fine for both G711 and G729 codecs, but incoming we get no RTP stream comming from the C1K. It is as if codec negotiation is failing.

awatkins
Level 1
Level 1

In case this helps work out what is happening, I have done an etherreal trace. All I am getting from the Nortel is a single Q931 packet that is a short frame and split over two packets.

This is the only packet recieved. There is no attempt to negotiate terminal facilities etc.

Hi

Thanks for the help

I've managed to get mine connected.

I ended up using sip.

Check out this document

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps562/c1237/ccmigration_09186a00806ce17c.pdf

rhobab

Did the SIP require any different licences on the CS1K server ?

According to the CS1K technician yes. You need the keycodes to activate SIP for the number of channels needed. I think it is licences for SIP Trunking