cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intermitant FXS fast busy

vfortunato
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ICS-7750 (ver 2.5), CCM (3.2(2c)), and an MRP 300 (12.2(8)YM). The MRP is set up as an MGCP ASI81 gateway (8 Port FXS and one PRI).

The PRI is solid, but every now and then, the FXS ports return a fust busy when called . When this happens, it affects ALL FXS ports. Shut / no shut on the voice-ports has no affect. Hosts file on CCM has been edited. All FXS endpoints remain registered.

I have not been able to pinpoint the exact conditions that cause this; but when it does happen, there seems to be nothing I can do but wait for the ports to start working again (I've deleted and re-added endpoints, reloaded MRP, etc.).

MGCP debugging does show the calls arriving at the gateway so it is not a call routing issue. Please advise.

1 Reply 1

tedgarner
Level 1
Level 1

I am seeing very similar behaviour on my MRP 3-8FXS.

The blade is running 12.2(8)YN and here's what has happened:

Everything was working fine until we inserted a second PS in the ICS chassis.

Now, the FXS ports on the MRP fail to work.

If you plug an analog phone into one of the FXS potrs, there is no sign of battery. If you make a call to that port, the LED turns green but the phone does not ring. It would appear as if the power supply on the MRP which provides battery to these ports has been damaged or disabled.

Is there a show or debug command to determine the status of this power supply?

Ted