Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Internal Caller ID showing up as "Private"

CCM 3.3(2) spC, three CCM's, one publisher, two subscribers - one cluster, centralized model, but we have one CCM at each location (fiber links all three locations together).

For the last month or two - it happens sporadically -every now and then I get a call from a user saying that someone internal just called them and the caller ID shows up on their phone as "Private," which should not be happening. I check the obvious first - the internal caller ID is set correctly. I reset the calling phone - no change there; I reset the called phone - no change there. Only if I hit "Update" on the phone and then reset it will the problem disappear. I've also tried looking in the CCM traces, but I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary.

We haven't made any changes to our CCM's, and no changes to our network...this seemed to start happening out of the blue.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this would be happening?

TMH

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Internal Caller ID showing up as "Private"

I am also running 3.3(2) SPC. I have 3 subscribers and 1 publisher in my cluster. The same thing happens once in a while to me. I think it may be related to bug CSCea78886. Apparently it happens most often between phones registered to different call managers in the same cluster.

5 REPLIES

I am also running 3.3(2) SPC. I have 3 subscribers and 1 publisher in my cluster. The same thing happens once in a while to me. I think it may be related to bug CSCea78886. Apparently it happens most often between phones registered to different call managers in the same cluster.

Thanks - that sheds a lot of light on things. I recently put in a generic "catch-all" translation pattern for our assigned DID's around the same time this started to happen; I'll start with deleting it and seeing if the problem clears up.

TMH

I have the same situation happening here. However if we restart the phone receiving the "private", the problem is fixed. Have you uncovered a fix for this issue?

John

I never did find a fix for it while we were at 3.3(2)spC...only after an upgrade to 3.3(3) did the problem disappear. I know, kind of a large solution to a smallish problem, but I never did find out the cause. I think I read somewhere that the problem might be caused by a corruption in the route/dialing plan (?), but that was awhile ago.

I hope this helps...

TMH

TMH,

thanks, this helps a lot. It gives one more reason to upgrade to 3.3(3).

Views
Helpful
Replies