cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internal Callers Asked to Enter Password

scoyte
Level 1
Level 1

Help!!! When I call an interal phone from another phone, I get the log in prompt (please enter your password) from Unity rather than the subscriber's greeting. When calling in from the outside or from extensions with no VM I get the greeting as normal. We are running Unity 2.4.6 with CM 3.0(9) (I know, its old).

I think that it is a problem with the call routing in Unity, but I have tried everything I know to do and still cannot fix it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yeah, that is kinda weird - were there any changes to the routing rules lately?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

scoyte
Level 1
Level 1

Just figured it out. I added a duplicate rule for "attempt forward" to greeting and it started working. I guess the default rule was not being applied for some reason??? Weird!!!

yeah, that is kinda weird - were there any changes to the routing rules lately?

I did change the routing rules yesterday. I deleted a rule for a call handler that no longer exists. But the default "attempt forward" to subscriber's greeting is still in there, but it doesn't appear to be applying the rule. As I watched calls coming accross in the status monitor, I saw the rules being applied and that one was skipped. At any rate, it's working now so I am happy even if that rule is duplicated.