cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internal calls and Unity voicemail.

hmccarthy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have a strange problem that I am hoping someone has seen before.

I have a remote location that is connected via a T1 back to my CallManager and Unity systems. CM is 3.1.3a and Unity is 3.1.3.

The problem is when a Subscriber in the remote office receives an internal call to his extension from another user in that remote office, and the Subscriber doesn't pickup, Unity answers the caller with 'Please enter your password', e.g. 3800 calls 3814, 3814 does not pickup after four rings, 3800 hears Unity respond with "Please enter your password"

Inbound calls to a Subscriber from either the DID or from the Auto Attendant terminate correctly, e.g. 555-1212 calls 555-3814, the phone rings 4 times the caller hears Unity respond with Subscribers Greeting (hi, you have reached blah, blah, blah).

Any thoughts on this problem would be greatly appreciated, as I have gone over the CM and Unity setups so many times I think that I am not seeing something obvious..

Thanks- heather

7 Replies 7

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

At that remote location, are those remote phones serviced by the same CallManager as Unity and the "local" phones?

So the path is localPhone->remotePhone->localUnity?

If you take the remotePhone and forward it to a localPhone (instead of Unity), and call the remotePhone from another localPhone, does ID of one localPhone show up on the other localPhone?

So the path would be line localPhoneA->remotePhone->localPhoneB. Does phoneA's number show up on phoneB after forwarding from remotePhone?

Hmm... well, there are 2 sites.

SiteOne, or the LocalSite, holds the Unity and CallManager servers.

SiteTwo, or the Remote SIte, connects to the Unity and CallManager servers via a dedicated T1 connection. The problem is ocurring when 2 phones in the RemoteSite call each other.

The path of the call then would be RemotePhoneA -> RemotePhoneB -> LocalUnity.

There are no phones at the LocalSite, only the CallManager and Unity servers.

What do you think?

Thanks,

h.

Oh, I see. So if RemotePhoneB forwards to RemotePhoneC, and this call path follows...

RemotePhoneA -> RemotePhoneB -> RemotePhoneC

So that "a" calls "b" and "b" forwards to "c", which calling partyID is showing up on "c"? Are there any custom routing rules on the Unity server? I'm trying to figure is the issue is in CCM or Unity.

RemotePhoneA calls RemotePhoneB which is CallForwardAll to RemotePhoneC.

In this scenario, if RemotePhoneC is not picked up, Unity answers the call with RemotePhoneB's voicemail greeting. On RemotePhoneC's display the message reads 'Forward RemotePhoneA for RemotePhoneB'

If I remove the CallForwardAll from RemotePhoneB, and RemotePhoneA calls RemotePhoneB, Unity answers the call with 'Please enter your password'.

There is nothing I can find in Unity that would make it treat internal calls between Extensions any differently than it would treat inbound calls from a DID or transfer from the AA.

With this scenario "RemotePhoneA calls RemotePhoneB which is CallForwardAll to RemotePhoneC" the results you described are expected. Certainly, the results of the second scenario are not.

Unity will treat forwarded calls differently if there is a custom routing rule or if somehow the forwarding integration information is different. Are there any custom routing rules? If the CallViewer.exe is opened and the problem is repeated, does the expected information show up for called and calling parties? If not, we could take a look at some TSP traces.

Actually, I figured out what it was. One of their IT people was in the CM and added a 8.@ route pattern for some reason and that threw everything off, as the user extensions started with an 8.

Thanks for you help with this. I really appreciate it.

heather.

Actually, I figured out what it was. One of their IT people was in the CM and added a 8.@ route pattern for some reason and that threw everything off, as the user extensions started with an 8.

Thanks for you help with this. I really appreciate it.

heather.