cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internal CLI (extension to extension)

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

Anybody know if it's possible to change the CLI sent internally?

Scenario

I have 2 partitions both with extension 300. there is a translation pattern for the prefix number which allows one extension to call the other by dialing the prefix then the extension e.g. 623300 and 622300. However when an extension makes a call the CLI sent is only the extension number and does not include the prefix so if you look in missed calls you have no idea which extension 300 made the call. The CLI translations only apply to external calls via a gateway.

I guess I could do it by creating a load of Intercluster trunks pointing back to the publisher but that is an administrative nightmare not to mention probably hard on the network, and open to problems if the publisher fails.

I have potentially 200 seperate partitions that have the same extension numbers and need to identify the caller internally

Anyone help?

Paul

4 Replies 4

anderson-david
Level 3
Level 3

paul

i don't know how many extension you have, what about having the users names displayed then users would know who aswell as ext and that would give them the correct dept's. i know i'm probably teaching you to suck eggs but to do this

on call manger select device>phone

select the phone

select the line

then in the display (internal caller id) box put the users name (or partition number if that is what you would like displayed)

this could take some time if you have a lot of users

hope this helps

cheers

dave

Dave,

Thanks for that, I've already put the names in so they know who it was, I've also included the 'node number' as part of the name so they know what to dial. The problem is that they can't use missed call lists as they go to the extension on their site with the matching number.

Also I can only get so many characters on the display and if I have to put numbers in then that cuts down what can be seen.

but thanks anyway

Paul

paul,

could you possible use the "external phone number mask" this can be set either on the individual extensions or on the dial pattern "use calling party's external phone number mask" eg put 622XXX where 622 is the site and XXX is the wildcard so it will use the exts number.

hope this helps (don't know if it will work as have not tested it myself)

dave

Dave,

Nope, it doesn't work as the call manager sees the call as 'internal' the external number mask doesn't work.

I guess crux of the problem is I'm trying to get the CM working in a multi-tennanted mode and that's not supported. I guess when multiple tennants are supported then there will be an option for passing different CLI's 'internally between tennants' but until then I'll have to stick to names

Paul