Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

internal voice mail

i have a cisco call mgr running 3.0(1) with a unity enterprise. when i make an internal call to another extension that doesn't answer, i go to unity as expected, but instead of getting the user's voicemail greeting, unity prompts me for my password as if i dialed unity directly. why is this happening?<br><br>

3 REPLIES

Re: internal voice mail

I am having the exact same problem, working fine from external numbers, but when rung from an internal number always goes to the password prompt of the phone you are ringing from. Any answers?

Anonymous
N/A

Yes, this sounds like a known issue that was fixed in the 2.4.5 build 73 release handed off to production last week.

The direct call rule is being evaluated before the forwarded call rule on internal calls in some cases and instead of getting the greeting (i.e. being routed to the "AttempGreeting" conversation) folks are getting logged in (i.e. being sent to the "AttemptSignIn" conversation).

This can also be handled by a fairly easy edit to the routing rules, however you can't do this via the SA. It needs to be done with the rule editor tool and the details of doing that are a little complex to walk through here. I can if folks really (really) want me to, but I'd rather see folks either a. get the updated version from production or b. call tech support for assistance and they can call in remotely and help you fix your routing rules.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

jeff:

you are right. we had tech support walk us through the rule editor change and it cleared the problem.
thanks for the help

rob

Views
Helpful
Replies