cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

International Calls / Authorization Codes

j.magee
Level 1
Level 1

We are installing a new CCM to replace the PBX.Can anyone tell me if CCM 3.1.3 or 3.2 support the authorization code feature , currently the following is the way we dial from the PBX....end user dials international number....receives tone....enters auth code...if code is good call is connected....Thanks in advance for all input

6 Replies 6

gmatteson
Level 1
Level 1

Works fine, (results may vary), but setting up a T1 with MCI long distance and account codes required for all LD calls works good. Pay attention to the Lag for call set up time on international calls, myabe use a # to terminate dialing, also, if it does not seem to be passing digits, make sure you have global Voice RTP send-recieve command configured.

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the autorization codes are controlled by your carrier, then this will work with no problems. If you are asking for the CM to define and manage authorization codes, it's a bit more tricky. There is no automated process for adding authorization codes.

The way this can be done is by setting up dial patterns that match your authorization codes. Then you can setup Route Lists and Route groups to discard the access codes and dial the desired number. So if I have a authorization code of 1234, I would create a route pattern of 1234.@. At the RL/RG level, discard the pre dot and the GW will dial the appropriate number.

The other way to do account codes is to use a custom CRA script that will do a Database dip after digit collection and redirect to the desired number if authorized.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

How do you do this with CRA. Could you send me some info on this or a design guide. I am working with CRA and any help would be great.

Dan,

I'm interesting in the CRA info too. Please send me a copy. Thank you very much.

Duc Vu

I have 2 callamanager(Cluster) and a IVR.

How can I configure authorization code in Latin Americ for 150 users .

Thanks

JN

leagle
Level 1
Level 1

If the prompt for the authorization code is coming from the network, the network provider does not send a connect message or answer supervision (off-hook)until the correct authorization code is entered. Cisco has a write up detailing not being able to send the DTMF tones for the authorization codes because cut-through in both directions is not established until a connect message or answer supervision has been received. This is detailed in

www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/voip/busytone.html. There is an IOS command to allow cut-through in both directions.