Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

International Dialing

I am having problems with international dialing. Here it is in quick form

CCM Ver 3.09

Gateway = 6608 w/PRI

Dial Pattern

9.011! w/strip "pre dot" & filter (Country Code exists, End of dialing does not exist, international access exists, international direct dial exist) The call gets to the gateway and opens a channel on the PRI and just sits there and eventually times out to a fast busy.

Now if I use pattern 91.011! w/strip "pre dot" and the same filter as above the call goes through just fine.(I can also hear the "outside dial tone" that I have checked in the route pattern page)

NOTE:I do not have both the international dial patterns configured at the same time

I also have two 9.@ patterns for local calling (7digit and 10 digit filters are used with the predot strip) And I have a 9.1XXXXXXXXXX pattern for long dist. with the predot and a filter.

I don't understand why when I dial 9011XXXXXXXXXXXX the call will not go through and I do not hear the "outside dial tone" associated with the international pattern.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: International Dialing

First of all, you only should be applying a route filter when you are using the special numbering plan character of @ in the route pattern. If you have X's and other special characters but no @ in the route pattern then the filter does nothing.

I would suggest you just use 9.011! (and 9.011!# also if you like so you can press # at the end and not have to wait for the T302 timer to expire in CM) and discard predot, and provide outside dialtone.

If you do all that and the calls are not working we might need to look at the PRI signaling to find out what is happening. Turn on DETAILED tracing for CallManager, make a call that fails, and get the CCM trace. You can then open it with the Q.931 Translator in the c:\program files\cisco\bin directory, find the call you made, and look at the messages that occured for the call. You can tell which call is which based on the Call Reference field. For one call, the bytes will be the same except for the most significant bit. For example, callref values of 0x0B02 and 0x8B02 are for the same call.

Re: International Dialing

Thanks, It is working now. After reading your reply I got looking at the filters a little closer and set any international stuff to "Does not exist" for the 7 digit route filter. Thanks again.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content