cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internet Subscribers cannot leave messages

ssmith222
Level 1
Level 1

This is kind of a strange one. I have a Unity 3.1 Build 3.1(2) server with dual integration (Ericsson MD110 and Cisco CallManager 3.1(1)). Exchange 2000 is on box and the domain controller is on a separate server. We have 2400 exchange and 3 internet subscribers. When the internet subscribers try to leave a message with subscribers that are on the CallManager switch they get the “Sorry this system is temporarily unavailable to complete this call, please try again later” message. They can leave a message with subscribers that are on our Ericsson system. The internet subscribers can receive messages with out any problems. Our exchange subscribers seem to be functioning without any problems. Any ideas?<br><br>Stan Smith<br>Communications Engineer <br>Boise State University

7 Replies 7

Not applicable

eh? Internet subscribers can't leave messages (i.e. you can't sign in over the phone as an internet subscriber and address a message to another user). These are used for routing purposes so subscribers can address messages to them and those messages get routed to an SMTP address (same deal for AMIS and Bridge users). Not real sure what you mean by "internet subscribers can't leave messages".

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Let me clarify.
Our three internet subscribers all have an ip phone at their desks. When they pick up their phone, dial an extension of another ip phone (not from within voicemail) and the phone is not answered they go to voice mail. Our internet subscriber will hear the users greeting and then get the “Sorry this system is temporarily unavailable to complete this call, please try again later” message. I would think they would be able to leave a message by directly dialing an extension from their phone.

Stan Smith
Communications Engineer
Boise State University

Not applicable

ah... I gotcha now, they aren't logging in and leave a sub to sub message. I'll betcha the conversation is finding the ID of the internet subscriber in the directory and trying to send a sub to sub message or something along those lines.

whenever the failsafe conversation kicks in (the "I'm sorry, I can't talk to you now..." thing) there will be at least one error in the application event log that'll indicate which module was actually having the problem. Can you take a peek in your event log for an error when this happens? I'll pass it along to the conversation folks to look at.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Error 1
IAvDohMailUser::Get(AVP_MAIL_SERVER) returned [0x8004010f] on line 4866 of file e:\views\amis3.1.1.13\un_Conv2\AvConvPhoneHandler\AvConvPHGreetingSvr\AvSPlayGreeting.cpp

Running conversation PHGreeting on Port 25

Error 2
CreateSubscriberMsg returned a NULL pointer on line 4621 of file e:\views\amis3.1.1.13\un_Conv2\AvConvPhoneHandler\AvConvPHGreetingSvr\AvSPlayGreeting.cpp

Running conversation PHGreeting on Port 25

Stan Smith
Communications Engineer
Boise State University

Not applicable

I'll pass this along... as a test, can you change the extension number (not the transfer string, that doesn't matter here) for one of these internet subscribers and then try leaving a message from their phone again? I suspect strongly the conversation is getting confused and trying to leave an identified subscriber message in this case and it's choking because the internet subscriber object has no mailstore and, therefore, can't do that...

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

You were right, I changed the extension and the internet subscriber could leave a message. Let me know what you find out and thanks.

Stan

Stan Smith
Communications Engineer
Boise State University

Not applicable

Follow up... the conversations guys are all over this like dirty on a dog. It's a known defect (CSCdx03853) that's been fixed but it's not in a released build yet. This will probably make the 3.1(5) release but I don't have an ETA on that one yet.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com