Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Interview Handler Question

We're running into a problem here, although I have a feeling it's 'by design':<br><br>We have created an Interview Handler, and have the option "After Interview Action" set to "Send to a subscriber". Of course, this is a valid subscriber.<br><br>At the subscribers settings, we have "ring extension" set. Therefore this call flow works as programmed.<br><br>Although: When you use the call handler, record your answers to the prompts, it immediately fires the responses into the users mailbox (although NOT set to do this) - AND - Rings the subscriber right afterwards (With no information or callers answers to prompts).<br><br>You would think the Interview handler would call the subscriber and replay the callers answers to the prompts before transferring?<br><br>This is what we need to accomplish. Is this possible?<br><br>Thanks<br>John.<br><br>

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Interview Handler Question

The Interview handlers are designed to simply ask a series of questions and drop the resulting answers as a message into the mailbox of the subscriber (or Distribution List) referenced in the “Delivery Responses To” drop down box on the Interview Handler page. The responses will always be delivered here immediately after the answers are finished…

The “After Interview Action” tells us what to do with the caller after they’re done, it has nothing to do with the message they just left. In most cases this will be set to go to the “say goodbye” handler or back to the opening greeting. If you set it to go to a subscriber, we’ll transfer the call to the subscriber’s mailbox and follow the instructions there… in this case we’ll ring the extension as you note.

There’s no way to do what (I think) you’re trying to do… there’s no provision for taking a long message and playing it back to a subscriber prior to transfer. There’s call screening options where we’ll ask who is calling and play that response to the subscriber and let them accept/reject the call based on that, but this is intended to be just the name of the person calling, not a lengthy message.

I don’t know of any autdio text applications out there to do this… this seems to me to be more of a IVR type thing. I’m a bit puzzled by what you’re trying to accomplish here. So I call in and leave a series of answers, then wait on hold for a period of time while the subscriber hears these responses and then takes my call? I’m not sure I’m getting the application here…

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Anonymous
N/A

Re: Interview Handler Question

Yes, we have realized that this is not possible. Basically what we need is the caller announce feature, but since the 'canned prompt' is system wide, we cannot change it just for this feature only.

Basically, the application is an Internal Technical support help desk, whereby the customer wanted certain information announced first to the technician, before he takes the call.

It's deffinately more of an IVR function. At first looks, the prompts in the EA looked as if it would be able to do this.

Cheers!
John.

Views
Helpful
Replies