Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Employee

Introduce "call for name" clarification

Hi, This field appears under the Call Transfer options for subscribers. My customer would like to use this to prompt the recipient of a transfer with the name of who the call was originally destined for. For example, A call come in from the PSTN and rings Joe's IP phone. The call is forwarded to Joe's voicemail with an option for the caller to 0 out for immediate assistance. The 0 out goes to a hunt group with a couple of assistant's DN's that are covering for Joe. The assistant hears "Call For Joe" and can answer appropriately. Is my understanding of this parameter right or if not what is its correct use. Thanks <br><br>

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Introduce "call for name" clarification

You are correct that the Introduce transfer option will play, "Call for " when the call is answered.

If you want to associate this with a Call Input option, you would need to create and record a voicename for a Call Handler which uses Supervised transfer with the Introduce option, directed to the extension of the phone or pool of phones providing coverage for "Joe". Be careful if there is any phone system forwarding programmed on this extension, as that can interfere with supervised transfer.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Cisco Employee

So does this mean that for every user that wants to be able to extend the option for customers to 0 out to a coverage area will have to have a recorded name other than their original voice mail recorded name? In other words, Joe has 1 recorded name for voicemail and another for the "call from Joe" option. Would this then mean that all subscribers that wants a 0 out to a coverage area needs to record their name again so that the person receiving the call hears "call from xxx"? Thanks

Anonymous
N/A

You don't need to record anything 'extra' if you want to use normal Call Introduce, the system will automatically play the "Call for..." prompt before the recorded name on a transfer.

The complication here is that you don't want the initial transfer to Joe's extension to introduce, you want the coverage option to be linked to a Caller Input digit (in your example, dialing zero from Joe's greeting). In that case you'll need to build a separate call handler to transfer to the different extension -- I'm assuming the coverage extension is different. If you don't record a new voice name for the call handler, I believe it will play the recorded name for the owner of the handler, so if you make Joe the owner, you won't need to record a new voice name.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content